Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By flower1974
#4018 Hi again,

Firstly i would like to Thank all that have given me advice. I have made an appointment in March for bankrupcy.

I would like to know if anyone has had a BRU/BRO imposed due to gambling as that is my only worry.
ByDavidc
flower1974 wrote:Hi again,

Firstly i would like to Thank all that have given me advice. I have made an appointment in March for bankrupcy.

I would like to know if anyone has had a BRU/BRO imposed due to gambling as that is my only worry.

I have not seen one here or elswhere.....how bad is it? What have you done to address the problem?
David
By flower1974
#4020 hi david,

I have spoken with my doctor and GA and i am having counselling sessions through a service at work.
ByDavidc
flower1974 wrote:hi david,

I have spoken with my doctor and GA and i am having counselling sessions through a service at work.

Is the indebteness, due to this problem so bad that you feel the need to discuss it with the OR?
By flower1974
#4022 Im around £25000 in debt and around £7000 can be attributed to gambling and it on bank statements and cc bills so i think honesty the best policy.
BySonic
flower1974 wrote:Im around £25000 in debt and around £7000 can be attributed to gambling and it on bank statements and cc bills so i think honesty the best policy.

Yeah, always best to be honest, especially if there's things showing on your statement.

Nobody can of course say exactly what will happen with the OR, but I'm sure the fact that only about a quarter of your debt was incurred from gambling, together with the fact you are taking steps to try and sort your problem, will go in your favour.

S