Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By MIKEMCD
#3017 I have a bit of a question regarding parking tickets
I have my appointment to declare onthe 26th of janfollowing simons advice.
However on the 22 Oct last year I recieved a parking ticket from excel parking UNBEKNOWN TO ME

its a strange story because i was issued the ticket at 7.25am on the 23rd Oct the noticeofnon payment wasfor aticket issued at 9.37 pm on the 22nd of october well either way i had paid £110 to excel i queried the ticket and they then said i was issued two tickets on in the evening and one the nextmorning i wet my self laughing as you cant be issueda tickettwicefor the sameoffence

so i rang them no help then wrote a number of letters and every time they changed their story from i was issued one ticket then itmust have been removed firstby myself so they wer entitledto reticket then by someone else then they suggested i had moved the vehicle and as such recommittedthe offence.

so i ring trading standards as there is no controlling body for private parking tickets to complain to and they said get a copy of the issued ticket so back to excel can i have a copy of the ticket ?no you will have to go to court to get proof.back to trading standards who say this is illegal as they are in fact billing me ,to pay a bill first they must provide evidence i owe them the money not a summons to pay the money as i have never evenseen the first ticket

also excel at this stage then say they are checking photographic evidence to assertain if the vehicle was moved and they had the copy of the ticket so could not send it to me

now im getting pretty convinced they are using tactics to delay stall force people topay whentheyknow what is right wrong or unfair they also reduced the £110 not paid to £70 uponmychallenge

so as this is not a council or local authority ticket and i have already paid them £110 for the offence would i be better off just letting them take me to court and charge their 100 quid solicitors charge and £20 for every correspondence in the knowledge that i could have the last laugh

im not declaring because of a parking ticket but was just wondering how this was dealt with its a debt by a private company in my eyes and a method of extorting money at that excel parking agetting abit of a reputation for it so should i screw them like they have tried to screw me
By JaneClack
#3018 Unfortunately this is a legal rather than debt issue as you are disputing the fine and I can understand why! We are therefore unable to comment other than to say that parking tickets are one of the things that cannot be included in a bankruptcy petition.

If you repost this in the off topic section perhaps one of our posters will be able to help.

Good luck!
By Nicky
#3019 The issue you have will not affect your bankruptcy petition at all, as Sarah said, Car Parking fines are not included in bankruptcy. Therefore, whatever decision comes out of your dispute, will make no difference as you will either still have to pay or not pay.

Hope that helps.
By MIKEMCD
Nicky wrote:The issue you have will not affect your bankruptcy petition at all, as Sarah said, Car Parking fines are not included in bankruptcy. Therefore, whatever decision comes out of your dispute, will make no difference as you will either still have to pay or not pay.

Hope that helps.

i just spoke to a solicitor only council fines and tickets issued by the police are enforced by aw and are not included in bancruptcy .

mine is not subject to either a road traffic violation or decriminalized parking and so as such is deemed a debt ,the solicitor pointed out that i am in a strong position as even in the event that the private ticket was contested in court it can only be civil proceeding and as such would be foolhardy in continuing with action he also pointed out that as this was a civil action they could in no way threaten or continue to threaten bailiffs or debt collection in light of my bankruptcy pettition
By JaneClack
#3030 Thank you for letting us know. This will help us when we get similar questions for non council or police issued tickets.
By Nicky
#3031 Yes thats right, I was assuming your car parking fine was a lawful one, not for private parking. In that case, I would kick up a right stink! :wink:
By JC
#3200 MIKEMCD,
What does it say on your ticket regarding what will happen if you fail to pay the fine in time ? and who do you have to pay the fine to ?
By MIKEMCD
#3256 The parking ticket says pay vehicle control services part of excel parking

it is not a council ticket and sheffield council have confirmed it is not one of their agencys as it was issued on private property

the ticket issued was issued 22/10/04 21:32pm
then a second dated 23/10/04 7:25pm

i paid the second tticket and have no proof the first was issued
they said they will take me to court however trading standards state that i must have proof before paying it

vcs then said they do not have to give proof and that i have had my copy which i am denying

excel are well known for scamming people by court threats then holding the hearing or whatever in plymouth county court or somewhere far away from their sheffield based office advice from my solicitor states that they must state where and when and that i can send my plea with evidence by writing i am contesting this and from what i have heard they excel back down pretty quickly when they find this out im pretty sure they are using loopholes in the fact they are not legislated or governed and can act in this manner legally

might i also point out excel have now been told not to work on the private property effectively finished from working there due to the number of complaints recieved from residents and also residents friends and family who were allowed to be there legitimitely in the private car park and have been set upon by this company for parking in their own parking spaces

simply a case of the uk gone mad again
By JaneClack
#3258 They do sound to be employing rather underhand tactics and I wish you well with your fight with them - and as it is not council or police issued then you can put it in the bankruptcy! But I can see why you are so annoyed and I would be tempted to fight them too!
By MIKEMCD
#3264 sorry for cross posting
By JaneClack
#3269 No problem - I see that JC has asked you some questions in his post to you anyway on the other thread.