Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By shoeboxlady
#2796 Hi there,

Just finding this website I can see there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Im been separated for about 2 years........ Basically here is my story.

Im in debt about 40,000+ trying to pay the mortgage and other utilites and live........will not get a lot of equity only about 7k really.........cant afford to pay any of the debt anymore........will book an appointment to the court next week to declare myself bankrupt..........
incurred all my debt while im married.............. dont see any way out really.........

I just feel so low and alone.........sometimes im thinking i should end it all but after seeing all the post in this website it gave me a lot of strenght.

Just really want to ask for you advice.

Thanks
me:o(
By JaneClack
#2804 You don't need advice!

You have made the decision and when you have done the deed a huge weight will be off your shoulders and you will get a clean slate and the chance to begin again. 2005 will be the beginning of a new life. The whole point of the Enterprise Act 2002 which came in on April 1st last year was to allow honest entrepreneurs the chance to start again - and aren't we all entrepreneurs in life?

You deserve your fresh start. Read some of the other postings here and take heart from them and also any other posters, come in and talk to Shoebox Lady and give her the benefit of your experiences!
BySonic
#2820 Hello

Sarah is dead right - you should pat yourself on the back for being brave and making the decision. :D

I don't know your full circumstances of course, but from what you've posted it sounds like bankruptcy would be a good option for you.

As someone who became very very depressed mainly as a result from the agony of debt, I cannot emphasise enough how good it feels to have the weight lifted...you will feel like a different person.

Hang in there - come back and let everyone know how you got on.

Sx
By shoeboxlady
#2838 Folks,

Thanks for your advice. Will definitely let you know what happen next. I've booked my appointment today and will them on the
25th Jan at 9:00am. Got an appointment to see the Bankruptcy Clerk then after that I think I have to pay some money. Will definitely keep you all upto date. Thanks for readding my post and will get back to you sooner.

Kind regards,
Shoeboxlady.
:oops:

sadnskint wrote:Hello

Sarah is dead right - you should pat yourself on the back for being brave and making the decision. :D

I don't know your full circumstances of course, but from what you've posted it sounds like bankruptcy would be a good option for you.

As someone who became very very depressed mainly as a result from the agony of debt, I cannot emphasise enough how good it feels to have the weight lifted...you will feel like a different person.

Hang in there - come back and let everyone know how you got on.

Sx
By JaneClack
#2840 Well done - we look forward to hearing from you :lol:
By Pineapple
shoeboxlady wrote:I've booked my appointment today and will them on the
25th Jan at 9:00am. Got an appointment to see the Bankruptcy Clerk then after that I think I have to pay some money.

The fees are £450, though you can get a reduction if you are on benefits.