Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By sammie
#2621 i recieved a letter from the or 3/4 weeks ago, asking me to confirm income - as they were thinking of early discharge.
i returned the forms straight away , and have not heard since!! how long after recieveing the forms do you hear?? ( anyone had the experience??)
By MAT_FINK
#2622 it is a relatively new process so there is no hard an fast answer - and it may depend on your area. I guess the best way to find out is to ask from the horses mouth.

Best of luck and if you do get an early discharge please let us know as it will interesting to see if this is the exception or the norm or if it changes by area...
Last edited by MAT_FINK on Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sammie
#2623 i just didnt wanna hassle the or on " trivial " things if you know what i mean!!
By MAT_FINK
sammie wrote:i just didnt wanna hassle the or on " trivial " things if you know what i mean!!

discharge hardly counts as a trivial :D
By Pineapple
sammie wrote:i recieved a letter from the or 3/4 weeks ago, asking me to confirm income - as they were thinking of early discharge.
i returned the forms straight away , and have not heard since!! how long after recieveing the forms do you hear?? ( anyone had the experience??)

I didn't get asked this question, probably because the OR has asked me to submit I and E monthly, as they are both variable. But I was discharged six months to the date after petitioning, shortly after being notified that my case was being transferred to a regional office.