Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By mzkawz
#2495 Just a quick question, Would I be able to claim Jobseekers allownance while I'm bankrupt and if so would they expect me to pay some kind of sulphur???

Thanks
ByVanessa
#2496 sulphur ?
By Nicky
#2497 I'm guessing you mean surplus?
By mzkawz
#2498 you know where you pay something ipa or ipo
ByVanessa
#2500 I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'sulphur' but as JSA only provides subsistence living expenses, you wouldn't have any surplus income so you would be quite ok. As far as your eligibility for JSA goes, the position would be unaffected by the bankruptcy - if you had left your job 'of your own free will' though, you would need to satisfy their criteria before you could claim - I think you have to wait 8 weeks / 14 weeks ( it's been a long time ! ) before you are able to sign on, if it's your choice to stop working.

Does this help ?
By mzkawz
#2501 yes it does help thank-you and yes I have left work on my own free will
ByDavidc
mzkawz wrote:you know where you pay something ipa or ipo

Had me wondering too.
No-one on JSA or any other benefit is expected to pay an IPA.
whatever your sulphur
As to your eligability it is uneffected by your bankrupcy and is another matter for you to take up with the benefits agency.
David
Last edited by Davidc on Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By mzkawz
#2503 Lol@ Sulphur Im sure I've seen some calling it a sulphur??? What is a Sulphur anyway???? :D
By Nicky
Davidc wrote:whatever your sulphur

:lol:

What is a Sulphur anyway????

Sulphur is a metalic substance :wink:

Surplus is what you have left over out of your income each month after all of your bills, living expenses have been paid. Bascially, pocket money for you to do with what you please.
Last edited by Nicky on Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ByVanessa
#2505 Sulphur is a very smelly substance ( like rotten eggs ) - you can see why I was a bit stumped ! Must stop drinking decaf :?
ByDavidc
mzkawz wrote:Lol@ Sulphur Im sure I've seen some calling it a sulphur??? What is a Sulphur anyway???? :D

sulphur is a element smells like rotten eggs/ burnt matches
By Nicky
#2507 hmmm...why was I thinking it was a metalic substance :?
ByVanessa
#2508 I can remember silvery sulphury strips burnt in chemistry at school - could it be that ?
By Nicky
sulfur: an abundant tasteless odorless multivalent nonmetallic element; best known in yellow crystals; occurs in many sulphide and sulphate minerals and even in native form (especially in volcanic regions)

According to Google :wink:
By mzkawz
#2510 :lol: You guys make me laugh