Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Butts
nomlas wrote:I hope you share it with chandjay, he could do with another holiday.

That possibility is remote - his mattress should be an exhibit in The Scotland Yard Museum of "Fraudulent Artefacts" :mrgreen:
By Butts
Sarah wrote:Ah see Tim had pre-empted!

Thanks - now the debt has been settled in full do I have to get a "certificate of satisfaction" or somesuch form to send to the County Court?

Do I obtain this from the creditor or will they automatically inform the Court ?

Many thanks.
By TalbotWoods
#308433 Yes and no :?

OK No you dont, as since 2006, if you have the receipts / confirmation letter / what have you from the Creditor to show the CCJ has been paid in full, then by providing that to the courts is sufficient for them to instruct the Registry Trust to change the status to satisfied, which in turn automatically updates the CRFs. It is my understanding that at present the HMCS charges £15 for doing this for you.

OK Yes you do, if you need it to show a mortgage lender, etc. This will cost you £15 from the court who will need to see the proofs of FULL payment and the details of the CCJ.

If it was a F&F (partial) settlement on the CCJ then you cannot get it marked as satisfied.

Hmmmm Did you spot the misnomer in the above, yes that is right, get a full service and Certificate of Satisfaction for £15 or a cut down service for £15, Hobson's Choice

(See Here: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/understan ... fied-ccjs/ )
By Butts
TalbotWoods wrote:Yes and no :?

OK No you dont, as since 2006, if you have the receipts / confirmation letter / what have you from the Creditor to show the CCJ has been paid in full, then by providing that to the courts is sufficient for them to instruct the Registry Trust to change the status to satisfied, which in turn automatically updates the CRFs. It is my understanding that at present the HMCS charges £15 for doing this for you.

OK Yes you do, if you need it to show a mortgage lender, etc. This will cost you £15 from the court who will need to see the proofs of FULL payment and the details of the CCJ.

If it was a F&F (partial) settlement on the CCJ then you cannot get it marked as satisfied.

Hmmmm Did you spot the misnomer in the above, yes that is right, get a full service and Certificate of Satisfaction for £15 or a cut down service for £15, Hobson's Choice

(See Here: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/understan ... fied-ccjs/ )

Thanks TW it was a "full settlement" - will I receive written confirmation from the lender as it was paid by my ex-wife remortgaging the ex marital home.