Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By doglover
#2287 My partner and I have different bank accounts.
I paid £1000 a month into his account to cover different bills and our hobbie, trying to build a race tuned car, as it was a shared interest. I had been dong this for nearly 3 years up until i left work due to illness.

What will the OR think about me paying £1000 a month into my partners bank account and then me declaring myself bankrupt. Or will he ask what the money was used for and be satisfied with no further questions.
Obviously, if i could have seen into the future, i would have set aside a sum of money but didnt forsee me having to give up work so abruptly.
By JaneClack
#2291 Well, it was to fund a hobby, you no longer pay it and are now in a position where you do not have the money to pay your debts. So, unless you were not paying the debts at the same time as paying £1000 per month into the account for the car and other bills I can see no problem. They may ask to see the car and may suggest your boyfriend buys out your share but it was also paying other household bills so shouldn't be a problem - honestly!
By doglover
#2293 Thanks for the reply. Its put my mind at rest over that at least.
You lot do a stirling job on here. Keep up the good work.
I'm booked in at the court to petition on thurs and then see the judge, then hang around for a bit to get a phone call from the OR.
I will let you know how it goes.
By JaneClack
#2294 Please do - our posters experiences help others.

Good luck - not that you will need it.