Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By doglover
#2199 Hi
I am going bankrupt soon.
My question is, I know i have a further Inland Revenue bill comming in January, for about 4 months self employment but dont know how much, till i get it obviously.
Do I declare it to the OR. Do I tell the Inland Revenue, or do I wait for the bill. If I wait for the bill, do I then let them know I am bankrupt already.
This is the only one I would be expecting. Other household bills have always been in my partners name anyway.

I just dont know what the procedure is with future bills after going bankrupt.
ByDavidc
doglover wrote:Hi
I am going bankrupt soon.
My question is, I know i have a further Inland Revenue bill comming in January, for about 4 months self employment but dont know how much, till i get it obviously.
Do I declare it to the OR. Do I tell the Inland Revenue, or do I wait for the bill. If I wait for the bill, do I then let them know I am bankrupt already.
This is the only one I would be expecting. Other household bills have always been in my partners name anyway.

I just dont know what the procedure is with future bills after going bankrupt.

if the debt was incurred before the date you petition it will be included. You can mention to the OR you are expecting it but do not know the sum and when it arrives pass it on to him. I recieved an unexpected bill some 5 months after petitioning as it was in dispute anyway. I passed it on to the OR who dealt with it.
David