Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By clare297
#2187 Hi wondering if anyone can help me, I went bankrupt back at the end of August and I will tomorrow receive my first monthly pay with a nil tax code and I am not sure what to do. The Or did not mention the coding in my telephone interview (although I knew it usually happens) and he has not been in touch since I sent in a letter in to confirm my average monthly pay at the end of September and I phoned up to make sure they had recieved it. I understand not to contact the OR unless absolutely necessary as it may delay discharge. Anyway I now have this nil tax code but I do not know what I would normally pay in tax as I only get paid term time and this is my first monthly pay that has been a 'normal' months pay for ages. Can you advise how best to work out what tax I would of paid normally and what to do with the money as I do not have an IPA so far, also in December we will get a small pay rise but the rise will still not take me over the expenditure I stated on my original forms do I need to inform the OR about this still? Thanks for any help you can give me. Clare :)
ByDavidc
clare297 wrote:Hi wondering if anyone can help me, I went bankrupt back at the end of August and I will tomorrow receive my first monthly pay with a nil tax code and I am not sure what to do. The Or did not mention the coding in my telephone interview (although I knew it usually happens) and he has not been in touch since I sent in a letter in to confirm my average monthly pay at the end of September and I phoned up to make sure they had recieved it. I understand not to contact the OR unless absolutely necessary as it may delay discharge. Anyway I now have this nil tax code but I do not know what I would normally pay in tax as I only get paid term time and this is my first monthly pay that has been a 'normal' months pay for ages. Can you advise how best to work out what tax I would of paid normally and what to do with the money as I do not have an IPA so far, also in December we will get a small pay rise but the rise will still not take me over the expenditure I stated on my original forms do I need to inform the OR about this still? Thanks for any help you can give me. Clare :)

Give him a ring and ask him ...Maybe it will have the opposite effect than you fear and before he puts it back in it's box he will consider an early discharge......Phoning up with a genuine quiery is one thing...bothering them with irellivances is another....If you simply send it to them via a Standing order. I assume you will have to phone them up anyway to obtain the details to set it up :?:
David