Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By billykeats
#2056 Just got a couple of questions reagrding filling this form out.

On the form at Section 6.7 it asks "How much do other members of your household contrubute to the household expenses?" Now I rent at my parents house and pay a third of all the bills but I give it to my parents to pay the bills. What do I put here? The total cost of the bills or the other two-thirds they pay?

Secondly in Section 7 on Outgoings at the bottom it mentions other essential payments. Now in the box below do you put just what you pay or do you put what you pay and the figure?

This form is the one thing that is worrying me and any help will be much appreciated. Any other help about the rest of the form will be most helpful too

Many thanks
By Nicky
#2082 I can only comment on this as how I would do it, I wouldn't worry too much about it, if the Official Receiver has any questions, he will ask. Alternatively, if it really is worrying you, take it to your local CAB and get them to help you to fill it in.

This is my opinion only of how I would answer those questions:

I think you would be classed as a lodger as you are living at your parents house as you have no beneficial interest in the property, so basically, this may not apply to you as much, I would just put what your parents pay but make it clear that you are lodging there somehow.

If there was room regarding essential payments, I would put both, otherwise, I would just put how much I pay.
ByDavidc
billykeats wrote:Just got a couple of questions reagrding filling this form out.

On the form at Section 6.7 it asks "How much do other members of your household contrubute to the household expenses?" Now I rent at my parents house and pay a third of all the bills but I give it to my parents to pay the bills. What do I put here? The total cost of the bills or the other two-thirds they pay?

Secondly in Section 7 on Outgoings at the bottom it mentions other essential payments. Now in the box below do you put just what you pay or do you put what you pay and the figure?

This form is the one thing that is worrying me and any help will be much appreciated. Any other help about the rest of the form will be most helpful too

Many thanks

The household is your parents and as such is not involved..
You are classed as a lodger there and I assume pay to your parents a set amount each week to cover this. If not simply put down your contribution to the bills . If the OR wants more info he will ask you..
David