Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Steve V
#1520 I will be going bankrupt next week, got the 6.27 & 6.28 forms to fill in on friday. From reading the many helpful posts on this site I was expecting to have to wait several weeks for an OR interview, but in the case of Newcastle Upon Tyne county court they have an OR office just round the corner & you have to go there on the same day that you file for bankruptcy. I don't know if this is for the actual OR interview that everyone talks about or whether it is just to make an appointment for that interview?

I can clarify the situation with the Court, but it does seem to be a different way of operating compared to what I have read here.
ByDavidc
Steve V wrote:I will be going bankrupt next week, got the 6.27 & 6.28 forms to fill in on friday. From reading the many helpful posts on this site I was expecting to have to wait several weeks for an OR interview, but in the case of Newcastle Upon Tyne county court they have an OR office just round the corner & you have to go there on the same day that you file for bankruptcy. I don't know if this is for the actual OR interview that everyone talks about or whether it is just to make an appointment for that interview?

I can clarify the situation with the Court, but it does seem to be a different way of operating compared to what I have read here.

The same occurs in London as the offices are local.....best to get it done and dusted asap.
David
By keepchinup
#1523 Hi,

I think you may find (as happened with me) that although you go around the corner to see them instantly, you'll be there for 10 minutes whilst they ask if your trading (for self-employed) and to confirm a telephone number for a telephone interview - usually a fortnight later.

I wanted to get it all done that day, and brought all of my paperwork. Having to wait the 2 weeks was a lot worse than that court! It's only now that the tel. interview is out of the way I've started to sleep and feeling much better. Mind you my telephone interview lasted nearly 3 hours!

Good luck with everything.
By lou
#1534 Two weeks isn,t too bad it will be 5 weeks this friday since we went to court and we are just having our interview this week,its been the longest 5 weeks of my life.I can,t wait to get it over and done with and then I might get some sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzz