Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Byihatepaypal
#212833 i owe paypal £2500 after some nasty person used my account without my concent, now they want money for someting that had nothing to do with me. i am about to file for bankruptsy anyway but the woman in there debt colection dpt doesnt seem to think paypal come under the bankruptsy rules even thouth it is a debt. what should i do now. so far iv told them to stuff off but the company IQOR is persistant. can anyone make sence of this and help?
Bysillytel
ihatepaypal wrote:i owe paypal £2500 after some nasty person used my account without my concent, now they want money for someting that had nothing to do with me. i am about to file for bankruptsy anyway but the woman in there debt colection dpt doesnt seem to think paypal come under the bankruptsy rules even thouth it is a debt. what should i do now. so far iv told them to stuff off but the company IQOR is persistant. can anyone make sence of this and help?

Hi,
I may be wrong here but If money has been taken fraudulently from your paypal account then have you reported it as such to paypal?
You cannot be liable for this fraud and no debt should therefore exist in the first place.
sillytel
Byroyston
sillytel wrote:
ihatepaypal wrote:i owe paypal £2500 after some nasty person used my account without my concent, now they want money for someting that had nothing to do with me. i am about to file for bankruptsy anyway but the woman in there debt colection dpt doesnt seem to think paypal come under the bankruptsy rules even thouth it is a debt. what should i do now. so far iv told them to stuff off but the company IQOR is persistant. can anyone make sence of this and help?

Hi,
I may be wrong here but If money has been taken fraudulently from your paypal account then have you reported it as such to paypal?
You cannot be liable for this fraud and no debt should therefore exist in the first place.
sillytel

Yes, sillytel is correct. If your PayPal account was 'highjacked' then PayPal would deal with the problem. I'm surprised that they didn't contact you about it, as they are very hot on fraud these days and have strict procedures in place to protect the account holder it happens to. If they didn't notify you when this occurred, which would seem strange, then you should have contacted them yourself, as soon as you realised.

Of course, if the problem eminates from somebody you know using your account fraudulently, then that would be a different matter.
Bybluesky
#212889 it is likely that she has been told that fraudulently incurred debts are not included in the bankruptcy, That is of course true in some circs but it would have to be proved you committed the fraud