Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By munki75
#212354 I had my court appointment today and I am now officially BR.

For some reason, i wasn't too nervous - more like intrigued to see what would happen during the whole process.

The whole time inside the court building lasted for around 3 hours - all mainly spent sat around waiting for people to go in ahead of me.

The crazy thing is that my time with the actual judge lasted about 1 min! In and out - no questions asked.

I felt the odd one out today though as I thought I would make the effort to look presentable so chose to wear my suit. It was amazing to see how many people turned up without any seriousness to this process and didn't even have the right forms with them. My advice to those about to go BR....make sure you are fully prepared taking 3 copies of 6.27 and 3 copies of 6.28.

Within 10 mins of getting back home, the OR called me and asked me a few questions regarding my car and bank details. She seemed really nice and chilled about it all. My main face to face interview will be scheduled for some time over the next 2 weeks.

One of my biggest creditors just called and i had to tell them I had gone BR and issued them with my BR ref number. They sounded quite disappointed in my decision to go BR....but i suppose they would be wouldn't they!

A big thanks to all those on here who have helped in answering my questions. Can't believe that 6 months ago I was at a point where I didn't know what to do. Let's hope the next 12 months flies by too!

:-)