Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By paula
#1377 Hi there

My partner and I have been trying to reach an agreement re payment to creditors and have it a brick wall.

We have now decided to file for Sequestration but were wondering can it be done from abroad, considering we left the Uk several months ago from Scotland. We have no money to travel back home and we are not married. We have no assests and no savings, and my partner is the only one working.

Any advice would be appreciated.
ByDavidc
paula wrote:Hi there

My partner and I have been trying to reach an agreement re payment to creditors and have it a brick wall.

We have now decided to file for Sequestration but were wondering can it be done from abroad, considering we left the Uk several months ago from Scotland. We have no money to travel back home and we are not married. We have no assests and no savings, and my partner is the only one working.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Scots law is different from English law and I know that in England you have to return to petition and for the interview. It is also different in that you can not simply petition for your own bankrupcy. A creditor has to initiate some form of action against you first.
David