Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bysammie
#870 has anyone whos become bankrupt gone on to open a nationwide flex account? we did but still havent recieved any pass book or cards. got a message online from them saying i hadnt recieved anything yet, and that the account still had to be credit scored!( the woman at the branch who opened it , told me it didnt need to be credit scored!) hows that gonna look when they credit score it, me now being bankrupt and all!!
ive just had my benefits paid in , and cant get nowt out!
ByGreenNigel
#871 On the subject of bank accounts, which banks except bankrupts? I need to open one very soon but i am unsure which one to go to.
ByJaneClack
#889 I have spoken to TWO clients today who have opened accounts with the Nationwide and there are other posters on this site who have too - look at the thread on basic bank accounts!
ByDavidc
sammie wrote:has anyone whos become bankrupt gone on to open a nationwide flex account? we did but still havent recieved any pass book or cards. got a message online from them saying i hadnt recieved anything yet, and that the account still had to be credit scored!( the woman at the branch who opened it , told me it didnt need to be credit scored!) hows that gonna look when they credit score it, me now being bankrupt and all!!
ive just had my benefits paid in , and cant get nowt out!

I opened one days after I petitioned, no problems. Mind you, I take it that you did inform them of your status as legally required when you opened it ? If not they may score you to see if you are eligable for a more valuable account. then they may turn funny.
Bysammie
#894 hi daviv . yes she knew from the time i walked in that we were bankrupt. offered us a basic account, without direct debits. but i said we needed dd for our rent to be paid. spoke to her manager who agreed it.
cant get down to the branch till tommorow, as if i havent enough to worry about with the o/r appt on thurs,hubbies is tomorrow!!!!!