Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Jennifer
#472507 Hi there! I’m a single mother and I live in Mississauga. I’m having a tough time right now. I have a lot of debt and that’s one of the reason why my boyfriend left me.I’m not bringing in the income to pay everything and can barely buy essentials for my kid and myself. My debt is around $2700 and I’m getting ready to add another $500 to bills with school loans and all. I’m thinking of declaring bankruptcy and get discharged of all loans. I really do not know where to begin. My colleague suggested that I should meet a bankruptcy trustee and I should discuss about this to him. I have one loan that I do not want to declare BK because my father has co-signed it and I do not want to ruin his credit while I try to fix mine. I’d be happy if anyone could help me with some valuable suggestions.
By sally1
#472508 Hi Jennifer,
I am sorry to hear about your financial difficulties. Unfortunately I cannot advise you because you live in America and the law is completely different from that in the UK.
I did find this link on the internet which may give you some information, http://www.wikihow.com/File-Bankruptcy- ... ted-States
but I suggest you post on an american forum which I'm sure will be able to help you more than I can.
Good Luck