Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By malcom
#633 :roll: i can't get legal aid?
want defend myself because the creditor was also at fault
how do i prepare my defence
User avatar
#637 get down to the CAB or your local legal advice centre who will often have advisors who work probono.

Do I take it you don't want to go bankrupt? Sometimes the statutory demand is just issued as a scare tactic ... et_01.php3

have a look here but do contact the CAB

whcih creditor and how much is owed if you don't mind me asking..
Last edited by MAT_FINK on Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By JaneClack
#638 You should return Forms 6.4 and 6.5 completed and returned to the court specified on the stat demand and there is a £50 court fee. This may be remitted in whole or in part depending on your circumstances. This must be done before the 21 days after the service of the stat demand has expired. So you will need to move quickly and you will need good grounds for it to be set aside - one of them is that there is a substantial dispute about the sum owed, if there is a counterclaim of more than the money owed - and there are others. Mat Fink has also posted good advice - you need face to face help. Good luck!