Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bymt
#8171 I've just read the booklet "Dealing with debt" published by the Insolvency Services. On page 3 it says "If you are dealing with a county court, the court will need the completed forms and 2 copies of each before it can consider your petition for bankruptcy".

Do I have to make these copies myself and bring them? Or will the court clerk do this for me on the day?

Thanks.
ByMel_Odious
mt wrote:I've just read the booklet "Dealing with debt" published by the Insolvency Services. On page 3 it says "If you are dealing with a county court, the court will need the completed forms and 2 copies of each before it can consider your petition for bankruptcy".

Do I have to make these copies myself and bring them? Or will the court clerk do this for me on the day?

Thanks.

I believe mine were done for me at Court. I think to be on the safe side just do one additional copy and if they need another set they can do it. I seem to remember people saying that 3 sets in total were not needed.

Mel
ByMel_Odious
#8173 Just re-read it. No wonder I didn't remember it says for the High Court, where I petitioned, they don't want copies.
I still think the one extra copy will do and if they need more, I'm sure they could run them off.

Mel
Bysunshine
#8174 hiya...

So shall I photocopy mine....or shall I leave it for the court because all it says is bring forms with you....

It would cost me to photocopy all the sides...
ByTalbotWoods
#8175 I copied mine, presented them at he court, and as there was a mistake on the original, that was amended and new copies were made at the court.

He then told me he ws surprised I had copied mine, as they normaly make the copies so that they are all exactly the same.

But if in doubt give your local court a quick phone call, the cost of the call will certianly be cheaper than copying! And a lot less hassle

TIm
ByPineapple
#8176 My court made two copies, so that there was a set for the court, one for the OR and one for me. Remember that you don't sign and date them till you're at the court. But yes, it's worth giving your court a quick ring, as the systems do seem to vary.
Bysunshine
#8177 hiya...

I will phone the court...but I also realised instead of copying them I can print out the forms of the net and keep a copy for my self that way....

But with the court they may need the exact copy

I will phone them tomorrow
Byhomely
#8178 we did 2 copies and 1 is for the court to keep and the other 1 is passed on to the or but you could also copy 1 and keep it for yourself we went to a crown and county court hope this is of help