Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

ByYerrell1
#7895 Hello there all me again :lol:

Just a quickie :!:

Recap: Me and my partner are bankrupt, I am unemployed, partner earns 1100 pm which covers our expense to the Penny. IPA in place with partner for 280 pm (Tax from NT Coding)

Question: My partner is getting a bonus of 360 less tax (will equate to about 240) due to be paid with her salary this month. We have kept to the law and informed the office looking after my partners affairs. The thing is our car is off the road, and needs a new gearbox, and my partner is finding it difficult to get to work. We have asked the OR if they want the money or can we use it for domestic needs ie getting the car repaired. Now, the same thing happened to me, I had a bonus of 300 pounds and the OR sent a letter saying I could keep it providing it was neccessary. (this was when I was in employment)

Thing is, this is a different OR. We have had no reply yet. What do you think the odds are of them letting us keep it. I know it states on the insolvency website under IPA that there must be a reasonable excuse?

Any info please :arrow: :arrow: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Will also update with their decision as and when I get it.
Regards
Marc
ByNicky
#7896 Well, considering it is need for the car, and the car is needed for work purposes, you would expect that you would be allowed to keep it.

Having said that, no one can really say, its up to the discretion of the OR at the end of day. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed. :wink:
ByYerrell1
#7897 Fingers crossed it is!!!!!!!!!

Nice new logo Nikki! :D

Will update in due course