Questions you have before making a decision to go Bankrupt and the Bankruptcy process

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Yerrell1
#7601 Hello All;

My partner got a letter from her contact at the insolvency service stating that frm the 8th of June, her case would be administered by the Regional Trustee and Liquidator Unit. Any ideas what this is and what it means and
why this happens. She has no assets at all!
By Mel_Odious
Yerrell1 wrote:Hello All;

My partner got a letter from her contact at the insolvency service stating that frm the 8th of June, her case would be administered by the Regional Trustee and Liquidator Unit. Any ideas what this is and what it means and
why this happens. She has no assets at all!

Does she have an IPA?
The payments are often arranged through an outside IP.

I had an IPO (before IPAs) and my case was passed on twice to different IPs for collection of my monthly payments. Nothing to worry about at all. I understand it is to share the proceeds of the Estate and to give other IPs a bite of the cherry so to speak.

Mel
Mel
By chivasgirl
#8049 I had the same thing about a month ago, ie about 2 months after declaring bankruptcy. Did your partner's say something about they would be dealing with outstanding issues as set out below... mine showed assets of estate. That got me panicking because we do have a house, with very little equity, which has already been dealt with by selling my equity for full market value to my in-laws. However, I haven't heard anything since from either OR or the RTLU and have read that it is normal for them to take over cases where the OR has too many to deal with. Not brave enough to phone the OR to find out because the letter said not to contact them!!