Your views and questions.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Gazza1912
#267383 Oh how I would love to live in close proximity to the premises of a DCA. I would not be able to resist going inside and telling them precisely what I think of them.

Either that, or I would do what I did when that evil woman Thatcher introduced the Poll Tax. I would settle up my debt, BUT I would pay it all entirely in 1p pieces and insist that the clerk counted them there and then and give me a receipt. Yep, I really did do that with my 1st Poll Tax payment.
By rikw
#268503 I received a letter from this lot advising that they now accept at present they can’t locate a signed credit agreement so will be ceasing to pursue the debt. They did say that non payment will stay on my file for 6 years (yawn). They are wanting my intentions in writing, the trouble is now I still don’t trust them, naturally I want to see the back of these idiots, but not wishing either to prejudice my case, could this be some DCA tactic to try and present the case that I am just using this tactic to avoid paying, so they could go to the court and be the inocent party, or am I just being paranoid?
By Gazza1912
rikw wrote:I received a letter from this lot advising that they now accept at present they can’t locate a signed credit agreement so will be ceasing to pursue the debt. They did say that non payment will stay on my file for 6 years (yawn). They are wanting my intentions in writing, the trouble is now I still don’t trust them, naturally I want to see the back of these idiots, but not wishing either to prejudice my case, could this be some DCA tactic to try and present the case that I am just using this tactic to avoid paying, so they could go to the court and be the inocent party, or am I just being paranoid?
If they cannot produce the original signed credit agreement, then they cannot pursue the matter any further as technically they are admitting now that they cannot prove that a debt exists.

Requesting a copy of the original signed credit agreement is not a debt avoidence tactic, it is your legal right. I'd just ignore them, but do not be surprised if you later receive a similar letter from another DCA who may 'buy' the debt and start the circle spinning again.
By rikw
#268613 Thank's Gazza, just me being paranoid. I expect something will rear it's ugly head in the future but cross that bridge when I come to it. Has for this load of scumbags, they will be soon getting a taste of their own medicine when my complaint goes to FOS