Your views and questions.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By red24
#252803 I need one for Justabank but bearing in mind the amount of rises there has been in the last year, I can't agree an increase in money to creditors if it doesn't work out in my favour.

There was one around but there must be an update...............please

Ta ta ta ta lots xx

I just had to amend that rubbish, was I drunk when I wrote it............sadly not!! No excuse for the typo errors, using my Blackberry for anything longer than text messages is not good.
Last edited by red24 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By royston
red24 wrote:I need one for Justabank but bearing in mind the amount of rises there has been in the ladt year, I cant agree an increase in money to creditors if it doesn't work out in my favour.

There was a one around but there musy be an upday...............please

Ta ta ta ta lots xx

Hi Red

I'm not sure if this is the information you need, but if you go into your '''My PayPlan on Justabank and then click on 'My Budget', it will bring up your Income and Expenditure with an option to edit it.

Hope this is of help.
By red24
#254203 Hi Royston, no its not a copy of my budget I'm looking for.

Its the guidelines advising of what can be calimed for and what is not allowed. Like I say there has to be an updated one with all the rises.

Funnily enough the amount for housekeeping according to Payplan has gone down this year from what it was last year.

How can that be??
By JaneClack
#254273 They should be using the trigger figures for the Common Financial Statement which are now embedded in their systems which have not gone down since last year but were only put into the system early last year.

These figures are not generally available and not published as such for general consumption but, and this is a big but, if your expenditure is higher than the trigger figures then all that is necessary is an explanation of why.

These figures are based on average spending - and in general not just for those who are in debt.
By red24
#254593 Thanks Sarah, I've submitted it anyway and it's OK. I havent changed payments since I started in 2005 although income and expense have changed. I reckon as long as I'm paying something it keeps everyone happy and nothing changes.
My final payment is around 2056! Party time anyone?
By Butts
red24 wrote:Thanks Sarah, I've submitted it anyway and it's OK. I havent changed payments since I started in 2005 although income and expense have changed. I reckon as long as I'm paying something it keeps everyone happy and nothing changes.
My final payment is around 2056! Party time anyone?

Red 2056 is for amateurs :mrgreen: - mine is 2300-2400 0dd :mrgreen:

ps These mystery "trigger figures" should be freely available not shrouded in obscurity - how else is one supposed to account for bills payable to Benson & Hedges ( reputable dental practice) :mrgreen:
By JaneClack
#254703 I do not agree - basically people should put down what they spend and then have a discussion really - after all if expenditure is outwith these figures then if they can be justified they should be accepted.

People not in debt do not use them to live on and sometimes people spend much less than the trigger figures especially with large families - extra potatoes and 1 lb of meat will feed 4, 5,6, 7 or 8 people - I know, I too have made that stew!

The reason they are not generally available is really to help people be truthful and not immediately go for the maximum figures in every case as this would lead creditors to query every one!!

A good idea really is to write down everything one spends in a month and see where the figures are - basically we often do not know what we are spending and figures are plucked out of the air. Just this evening a very nice man told me he, his wife and two kids spent about £100 a month on housekeeping - I could hear his wife saying - hang on, it's more like £100 a week and he said - surely not!
By TalbotWoods
Butts wrote:ps These mystery "trigger figures" should be freely available not shrouded in obscurity - how else is one supposed to account for bills payable to Benson & Hedges ( reputable dental practice) :mrgreen:

I agree with Sarah, these figure should NOT be in the public domain.

For example, if everyone put the same figure then we would reach the stage that the courts etc would then apply a 'fixed' rate expenditure, and would not allow higher values.

This would then result in higher CCJ monthly repayments, more repossession, higher homelessness, etc.

It is ESSENTIAL that people put what the actual cost are and if challenged (because they are high) they have the opportunity to justify it, where as in the trigger figure culture they will not be allowed the higher amount.

And before you say it wont happen, both the IS and HMRC have been informed that if a debtor presents a 'trigger figured' I&E, then they are to be given one chance to consider the I&E and if they insist it is correct, then NO DISCRETIONARY allowances are to be made or allowed at a later date!!!

Honesty is the ONLY way an I&E should be completed!

Tim
By Butts
#254803 What about the seemingly more generous allowances afforded to those going Bankrupt compared to those in Debt Management Plans with regard to I&E's ?
By JaneClack
#254813 Those have changed too! They used to be considered more generous and indeed were - which is why for people with no assets it can often be the most appropriate advice but they have tightened up and for example in a DRO the Common Financial Statement guidelines are used too and in bankruptcy remember one does not get to keep as much of the surplus as before.
By Jane1962
#254823 Hi Everyone,

I agree with Sarah on this and having just gone bankrupt I have first hand experience of what is allowed and what's not, I was asked if I could use public transport to get to work so I didn't need the car, but when I explained that the 30 minute journey would take me 2 hrs and cost roughly the same they let me keep my car. They wouldn't allow me to keep my life insurance and so I had to cancel that and just get a very basic one to cover the mortgage.
Ther was no allowance for my husband to support his fmily in Ghana and so he is now going to have to find that money from somewhere else.
All that and we will end up paying £681 in IPA's for 3 years, but at least there is now a light at the end of the tunnel, albeit a small one!
Jane
By chandjay
#254853 I have a simple solution to the I/E issue.
I just put down what the hell I like and balls to 'em.
Every time that I read in the papers that so-and-so was going up(Gas or whatever) then I just wrote to my creditors with an amended I/E sheet and lowered my monthly payment accordingly(sometimes, I included the paper cutting in the letter).
I started off paying four hundred and odd a month, and finished paying two hundred odd a month, until my redundancy.(although my wage and private pension went up every year).

I just wish that my creditors would have accepted my "brothel fees" without carrying on and creating. - Bloody spoilsports.
By red24
#254913 Yes I agree with the figures not being available as well, trouble is people do get too greedy for different reasons and would use the max figures.
Only other problem of course is that people have different tastes in food and different needs.
Ive no intention of buying some different label food because its cheaper if I don't like it, it doesnt make economical sense.
Our supermarket bill for a monthly shop is huge and never lasts a month, theres only 2 of us but we spend a lot on nice food.
Ive worked all my life and still am, past retiring age, so really can't be doing with choosing only the cheapest.
Quite honestly I don't take a huge amount of notice with prices, for anything really.
If I want it, I buy it, I only use cash.

But each to their own, not much chance of changing my ways now.
Creditors are still getting paid and I havent ran away.............yet!