Your views and questions.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By chandjay
#250775 Hi Spaniel,
Wait while you've spoken to some of these bums in an Indian call centre, when you've spent ages trying to decipher their broken english.
You'll wish that you WAS having root canal work instead.

Joke :
A woman says to the dentist " This canal root work you're doing is painful. It's worse than giving birth. I think I'd prefer having a baby to having a filling."
The dentist replies "Make your mind up love, I need to adjust the seat accordingly."

BOOM BOOM !!!!!!!
By spaniel
#250783 Don't start me on call centres in India. My mum has Alzheimers and I needed to inform people of her new address (she came to live with us for a couple of years before she deteriorated). One of her life policies was with a Scottish insurance company and the local office to her had closed. I telephoned the Glasgow office to find out who I should send her new contact details to. I got put through to an Indian call centre and I explained the situation. They asked for the town she had moved to and then they gave me the closest address to send her new details to ....a branch in Mumbai!!! I made the executive decision to send them to Glasgow. I had lost the will to live by the end of the call.

Liked the joke - seriously though I preferred giving birth to the root canal filling.
By DuffNCustard
#250805 Depends on the size of the head!!

Mr Duff is convinced he saw a Blue Moon - he's gonna burn for that, I hold him responsible and accountable :evil:

We found a police whistle very handy for repeat offenders of the nuisance calls palaver, Mr Duff took extreme offence if he was eating his dinner when they called. Mr Duff takes his meals very seriously - gets his dander up when interrupted - I'll desist as we're now back to the size of the head and the resultant Blue Moon! :shock:
By spaniel
#250823 The gas air helped tremendously. Now I would like some of that on tap. Men are so cheeky - like to see them give birth, certainly wouldn't happen more than once.
By chandjay
#250825 Look ! I did all the hard graft to get my missus in the state of having a baby at the beginning. So it's only right that she does a bit of graft at the end.
Having a baby - a piece of p*ss.
You should have seen what I went through at Christmas when I got a flu.( that pitiless sod of a wife of mine said it was a cold, but I know different). It was so bad, I kept leaving about a quarter of a can of lager every time I opened one. It was bringing tears to my eyes.
Even now, the thought of what I went through gives me nightmares.
By spaniel
#250835 Mmm! One minute versus 12 hours labour- wonder who got the raw deal? To be fair, I think the worry of debt far outweighs giving birth. At least with birth you know that the pain will end within hours, with debt it drags on. I will be dead when my debts are due to end - now isn't that a nice thought for a Friday. This time last week I felt I was drowning. What a difference a week makes once you call Payplan. The letters have now gone off (recorded delivery) to our creditors. Wonder which one will call first? Gin bottle (with straw) and telephone log ready and waiting.

Have a good weekend.
By chandjay
#250843 You'll cope just fine.
One tip - Don't start shouting and carrying on at them, or they will have got the better of you.
I try to be calm and over polite with them, but I occasionally pretend that I can't hear them, so they have to repeat things over and over again.
You'll soon get used to it, and in time, you'll begin to have fun with them too.
Just remember, they have absolutely no power at all over you, and 90% of what they say is total rubbish(and sometimes illegal). Good Luck.
By spaniel
#250845 Hi

Good advice, I will keep my cool and be the bigger person. Just received our Co-op cards so will inform our wages departments to pay our salaries into that account from now. Will have to inform all my direct debit people as well. Might give that job to my husband to do - he won't get any grief from them. Facing your debts certainly keep you busy. Thank goodness for computers - what would we do without them?
By DuffNCustard
#250855 Chandjay - I am very concerned about you, poor love, you're very emotional what with the tears and nightmares Would you like some of my HRT patches?

I get them in bulk courtesy of the NHS and a prepayment prescription card but your needs sound very great - I'd recommend that you slap on at least two at a time - give you a real good boost :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By Butts
DuffNCustard wrote:Chandjay - I am very concerned about you, poor love, you're very emotional what with the tears and nightmares Would you like some of my HRT patches?

I get them in bulk courtesy of the NHS and a prepayment prescription card but your needs sound very great - I'd recommend that you slap on at least two at a time - give you a real good boost :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Could be dangerous if he combines HRT patches with his * :mrgreen:
By DuffNCustard
#250883 Crikey - if he has his 'inspirations' on the old matrimonial bedstead just think what might happen to all his stash.

Mrs Chandjay could be in for a big night in more ways than one!!! :shock:
By chandjay
#250895 Words fail me !
By DuffNCustard
#250935 Would you like a patch...or two? :innocent: