Your views and questions.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By DeLorean
#202411 Hi. My Halifax account has been passed to Blair, Oliver & Scott. I have told Payplan and also rang this company to say what the situation is.

Do they normally co-operate with Payplan? I know Blair, Oliver & Scott are an inhouse collections agency for HBOS.

In some ways I am pleased as Halifax were piling on interest and charges and at least that will stop now.
By scotcrew
#202415 One of mine was the same as yours but I am with CCCS. There was no problem and the transition went smoothly. I would imagine that this will go the same for Payplan also.

slainte
SC
By royston
DeLorean wrote:Hi. My Halifax account has been passed to Blair, Oliver & Scott. I have told Payplan and also rang this company to say what the situation is.

Do they normally co-operate with Payplan? I know Blair, Oliver & Scott are an inhouse collections agency for HBOS.

In some ways I am pleased as Halifax were piling on interest and charges and at least that will stop now.

Just out of curiosity, how long did you have HBOS piling on the interest etc.,? They were doing it with me for a couple of months when I first started my DMP, then for one month only they stopped and thereafter started again! I did contact PayPlan about this and they made contact with HBOS but didn't get a response. I also wrote to HBOS as well. Likewise they didn't reply to my letter, but they have now stopped charging interest again.....for the time being at least. Go figure! :roll:
By DeLorean
#202747 They were fine for a year then started adding interest/charges for no obvious reason. That lasted for another year and now they have passed the debt on.
By royston
DeLorean wrote:They were fine for a year then started adding interest/charges for no obvious reason. That lasted for another year and now they have passed the debt on.

Thank you for the information. I think that I struck unlucky with my timing as regard to the one month interest free near the beginning of my DMP and then the immediate restart of interest charges thereafter again. Around June/July they had a policy change apparently which meant they were going to get tougher in regard to interest charges. I now seem to have struck lucky again as they do seem to have stopped charging again since I queried it.

I really look forward to a time when the debt is passed onto their inhouse DCA but I doubt if that will happen for some time and no doubt there will be more interest charges to come in the future until then.
By chandjay
#202752 I have two accounts with Sainsbury's(HBOS). They stopped adding interest for twelve months, then re-instated it last month.
I've just refused to pay them until interest has been stopped. I've told them that they can do what they like, but there is no dosh until I see a statement with NO interest added on.... meanwhile, I'm off to the pub with their monthly payments. Cheers HBOS !!
By Butts
#202766 I'm in the same boat as Chandjay.

Two Cards One BOS and One Sainsburys :roll:

They stopped interest for a year and have now started adding it on both cards - neither transferred to a DCA - yet :lol:
By Sammy
#202770 I had one originally with Sainsburys, but they transferred to Blair Oliver and Scott pretty quickly
On the whole not at all bad to deal with.
By chandjay
#202775 That's why I've refused to pay them. I'm putting pressure on them to pass it to Blair Oliver Scott.
The interest that HBOS is piling on doesn't matter.... Th.ey'll never get it.... and HBOS aren't going to take any action against me, as it would cost them money to do it, and with NO CHANCE of getting it back.
The secret of it is to keep writing letters to them, reminding them that it would be pointless for them to go for a CCJ etc as it would only serve to prove that I am unable to service my debts, which would result in bankruptcy, meaning that all their court costs, solicitors fees etc would not be met by me, but by themselves.
IT CERTAINLY CONCENTRATES THEIR MINDS WHEN THEY ARE MADE AWARE THAT THEY'D BE THROWING GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD.