Your views and questions.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By presleysmythe
#162039 I am in a DMP with CCCS but it seems that although i am making regular payments to Northern Rock the amount owed seems to be increasing

Does anyone have a letter template i can use to request they stop charging me interest

Thanks
By Yogi Bear
presleysmythe wrote:I am in a DMP with CCCS but it seems that although i am making regular payments to Northern Rock the amount owed seems to be increasing

Does anyone have a letter template i can use to request they stop charging me interest

Yes - try this one from National Debtline:
http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/engla ... ayment#Slb
By bluecathy
#180743 I thought that the dmp company were supossed to do this for you?

I am just starting up a dmp with payplan and they said that all that will be dealt with by them.
By TalbotWoods
#180751 Hi BC

Yes both CCCs and PayPlan ask them the stop interest and charges, however, DMPs are informal agreements and though some creditors stop almost immediately others take months before they will consider this.

Over time most, if not all, will stop when they see you are making the agreed payments, and if you look back though other peoples posts on here you will see that Northern Rock are bugga's for not stopping interest or charges until they ave received several months worth of payments

Tim
By uphillstruggle
#180759 Northern Rock have debt problems of their own unfortunately :(

And the BoE is charging them plenty of interest...