Questions about Individual Voluntary Arrangements and Insolvency.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By sarah1975uk
#149141 Does anyone know whether when you go for an iva does the ip or anyone telll the mortgage company? and do they have to prove mortgage amounts etc??
By spunky_monkey
#149142 i think that once you decide to go down the iva route, and once your initial 'telephone interview' is complete, the iva company contact all your creditors to verify outstanding balances...

i'm sure that someone more qualified than myself will give a more definitive answer shortly! :wink:

regards

spunky
By sarah1975uk
spunky_monkey wrote:i think that once you decide to go down the iva route, and once your initial 'telephone interview' is complete, the iva company contact all your creditors to verify outstanding balances...

i'm sure that someone more qualified than myself will give a more definitive answer shortly! :wink:

regards

spunky

thank you spunkey xx hope to get more answers soon xxxxx
By submariner
#149186 No contact was made with my Mortgage Co, (who happened to be a division of HBOS, one of my CC creditors). I had to get an up to date statement from HBOS, (£25 I think!) but otherwise the mortgage Co. was left entirely out of it.

Subsequent to the IVA approval, HBOS was happy to keep going with the mortgage (they didn't vote on the CC part of my debt to them) - and even tried to find some way that I could remortgage with them for the equity release (that became an F&F) - but the computer said "no" eventually. (Not surprising, of course: but at least the staff were very helpful and not at all "judgmental")