Questions about Individual Voluntary Arrangements and Insolvency.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bysharon
#127707 In all of the literature I have read, and in every calculation I have seen done, the figure of £8K has been used in all of them!
I can only go by experience!
By mellowman
#127710 Sharon, i know you can only go by experience, well so can i, and i'm saying they will use the DLA as income if they found out about it, i'm not saying i agree with it but they will do it. The only way around this is to make sure the expenditure is increased.

Fees can be whatever the IP wants them to be, i've seen them for as little as £4k in total, it's up to them.
By Dab
#127715 KPMG (for one) insist on a full & frank disclosure of the household income and expenditure, and that includes DLA *]http://www.picturepuppy.com/images/Dab/yes.gif[/img]
By Shameless
#127753 I agree with mellowman and dab your comments regarding DLA should be DELETED WITHOUT DELAY your talking rubbish you cant claim things about being "RULES" when its total crap.

If you don't know what your talking about you shouldn't say it. Especially about important things like withholding income you could cause the poster to end up bankrupt and/or with a BRO with comments like that.

If you answer questions here please make sure you know they are fact.
Last edited by Shameless on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bysharon
#127764 I am on DLA myself.

It is written down in law that no-one, not even the Inland Revenue, can take any of the DLA income into consideration for anything. It must be disregarded.

It is not counted as income. It is not means-tested in any way. It is given on the grounds of disability.

I will not delete my post at all. My facts are correct.
By Shameless
#127765 Try telling banks that see how hard they laugh as they reject your IVA and issue you with a bankruptcy petition and take all your compo money.
Last edited by Shameless on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bysharon
#127766 Mind your language.

You can declare DLA, I am not saying that you shouldn't

My IVA is not based on any income, as a matter of fact.
By Shameless
#127768 Why dont you take on the whole Insolvency profession single handed Sharon you appear to think your always in the right!!!

Everyone one else who work in personal Insolvency MUST be wrong then because the oracle has spoken.

Im sorry!!! Ill make sure we change all our practices first thing in the morning for this new revelation.
By Shameless
#127769 Your IVA might not be based on income but you still have to include an income and expenditure with your proposals for your creditors to see.

Sooooo are you including your DLA in your proposals?
By Shameless
sharon wrote:No they cannot include the DLA in ANY calculations!!!

DLA must be disregarded for EVERYTHING!

Those are the rules on DLA

Your not saying you shouldn't declare it there??? :roll: :roll: I think I need to go back to spec savers.
Bysharon
#127771 I have reported you for your bad language, your disrespect and your attitude towards myself and my IVA.

All simply because I know my facts on DLA and you do not
By Shameless
#127773 This is not called the DLA board im afraid im sure there are forums about that have forums for the sole purpose of DLA maybe your time should be spent there rather than here where its ALL about IVAs.

Which just so happens that I do know what im talking about :innocent:

IVA
Questions about Individual Voluntary Arrangements and Insolvency.

Hmmmm nope dont see any mention of DLA in there.
By installspark
sharon wrote:No they cannot include the DLA in ANY calculations!!!

DLA must be disregarded for EVERYTHING!

Those are the rules on DLA

To clarify:

Disability Living Allowance is classed as income, as this is just what it is, a form of income.

For the purposes of taxation, and means tested benefits only it is disregarded as income. If you look at the housing benefit calculation of a person in receipt of DLA you will see it added to the claimant's income and then removed under the income disregard heading.

For all other purposes it has to be declared as income. Whether a creditor will choose to disregard it as income is down to the individual creditor and their policies.

To state that DLA must be disregarded for everything and that it is in the rules is incorrect.

@sharon

I would suggest that you ensure that you fully research your facts before making posts such as the one you made earlier, especially if it is misleading whether deliberately or not. As an aside, FYI I am in receipt of DLA and am fully aware of the situations where it is disregarded and where it is not.
By worried1too
#127820 Putting my head above the parapet and waving my white flag.

Its good news re NR and 25%. Its very bad news (I think) about DLA. One point, If the DLA is for a child, is it, should it be, classed as the child's income, and the child isn't going into an IVA is he. I think everyone is right but???

also my other point, which I cant scroll back to will they want 60x 600 and tne equity in the house as well. I know, contact cccs and payplan, I've been trying to get Sis to do this.I gave her a list of things I would do, and she's working down it. still at trying to contact CAB expert who only works part -time.
(MY sis and OH have both got new bank accounts so they will be changing their income into these new accounts, they don't seem to want to start missing payments, if it was me I would have by now, but it isn't me. they want someone 'who knows hat they are talking about' my words not theirs to tell them to do so. I know contact cccs and/or payplan.
By Shameless
#127829 You have to put forward a full income and expenditure.

All the expenses of the child will be put into your income and expenditure and therefore all the income should be too.