Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By zAndy1
#287543 Hi,
Can anyone tell me how much of a negative impact this entry is likely to have?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6525404243_0f4c6cf018_z_d.jpg

I'm not having much luck getting the 'date satisfied' changed to a date no later than my discharge from bankruptcy which was Feb 2006. Just wondering whether it's worth persevering which I guess I'll have to if this entry is going to stop me getting credit, apart from this my file will be squeaky clean when the last default drops off in a couple of weeks

By the way, if you can't see the picture I've linked to let me know please

Ta
By submariner
#287833 Well, it's obviously going to have a negative impact while it's on your file.

You have nothing to lose in persevering in your attempt to correctly reflect the date of your BR - and, if it was mine, I'd probably keep plugging away at them. Given your success with others, you clearly know how much time and effort that can take, but - in my experience - you can get there in the end with all creditors (inc the one in question).

Incidentally, I've often wondered whether you are still legally obliged to declare previous bankruptcy and IVAs, e.g. if asked on credit application forms, even if they don't show on your records any more. I never want credit again, so in my case it's somewhat academic, but I'd be interested to know the answer.
By JaneClack
#287843 If you are asked - yes, you do still have an obligation to tell the truth but wonder how many do? 10 years later who would care?
By submariner
Sarah wrote:If you are asked - yes, you do still have an obligation to tell the truth but wonder how many do? 10 years later who would care?

Thanks Sarah, I thought that'd probably be the case... and as you say, there must be an elapsed time when it becomes practically irrelevant.

Ah well, even with clear CRFs nowadays, I'll never be filling in another credit application anyway (which I say with great certainty - and even greater relief!) :D