Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By stuballsed
#205318 Hi all, been a while!
I sent out the please clean up my file letters (thanks for the example) to all my past creditors three weeks ago now. Only one has replied to date (A&L, who were very good and said they would correct file accordingly!).

How long should I leave it before sending out chase letters? and is there a pro-forma letter for this on this site aswell??

Cheers all.
By Yogi Bear
#205326 The period specified under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for an incorrect credit file entry to be amended is 28 days, so that's probably a reasonable timescale to use before chasing.

I don't think there's a template follow-up letter as such, no. :(
By stuballsed
#205677 Hi,

Further to this, is it usual, in members experience, that the creditors do or do not write back to you acknowledging your request to update the file?

I only got a response from one of seven (about four weeks now).

Also (my bad) I did not send letters recorded/registered, but I have faith in our postal system and rest assured they all got my letters.

Cheers

P.S On a lighter note, money lost so far as a result of the credit crunch and share price collapse = 0 :-)
By Yogi Bear
#205679 I wrote to Amex a while back about an incorrectly dated default and got no reply. So I then sent the same letter to Equifax and got it corrected within about a fortnight. The difference being, I suppose, that the CRAs have a prescribed 28 days in which to reply to you.
By stuballsed
#205714 Interesting comment Yogi, from other comments on the forum, any apllication directly to the CRA will be referreed back to the Creditors. The CRAs' will not ammend records themselves? Hmmm.
By Yogi Bear
#205718 Well, the letter I got back from Equifax started:
"The Client concerned has agreed to amend the information on your Credit Report and we can confirm this has now been amended."

They didn't send me a copy of the amended entry as they were supposed to, but when I wrote back reminding them of that, they sent me a new copy of the whole file. 8)
By stuballsed
#205719 Well well, good on you Yogi :D You may have found a new line of attack!