Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By moaner
#204895 Experian is showing a search from a tracing company from just 3 weeks ago, more than a year after our bankruptcy, Experian say that searches cannot be carried out without consent, anyone know where we stand with this? :?
I put this in my other post but got no answers.

Also, on my report there are loads of searches from when an ex-friend thought it would be fun to apply for credit pretending to be me when I was bankrupt, will these just disappear off the files in 12 months anyway if there is nothing I can do to get them off sooner? :cry:
By TalbotWoods
#204902 Though it sounds nasty, you have to remember that a lot of companies do not mark accounts as settled once you are discharged, which is why we strongly advise cleaning your CRFs after discharge.

What happens is if they are not marked as settled, they stay live on the creditors systems and they sell them off (or even pass them to a DCA for collection) as live debts.

Which is what I strongly suspect has happened here

Tim
By moaner
#204906 So I need to write to all the creditors to get them to mark the accounts as partially satisfied then? :?

Are these tracing companies allowed to just search someone's credit file then, without consent? Does not seem right to me.

I am really scared now that someone is going to come knocking on my door! Thought all this nightmare was behind us :shock:
By moaner
#204909 trouble is, I have no account numbers for anything anymore, i chucked everything away, can I still write to them?

And NROCK, I had loads of accounts with them, will just the one letter cover them all or do I need to write to them separately, given that I have no account numbers? drat? :?
By TalbotWoods
#204931 Under the terms of your original agreements you gave the creditor, any agent acting on their behalf or any legal owner of the agreement permission to carry out credit searches, so yes they can legally do a search.

If you contact your ORs office, they will still have all the old account numbers on their system, so you can get those quite easily.

You will need to clear these an account at a time, as though they may have the same data controller, if they fail to update one account, and you have to ICO it, then the ICO will want to see the documentation for that account. However, having said that very often if you include all account numbers they will do all at once.

Tim
By G-W
#205053 I had two accounts with lloyds tsb which were included in my IVA. These were passed onto debt recovery agents who marked the accounts as settled when I completed my IVA early. However, my credit file still shows the original lloyd tsb entries as still not settled.
Dont these all clear from the file after six years from the default date anyway?
By Yogi Bear
#205057 Defaulted accounts are removed from your file automatically six years from the date of the default, yes: that happens irrespective of whether the accounts are subsequently satisfied or not.