Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By LOU78
#194550 i know i have a very long way off yet (7 months infact) till i can attempt to clean my files but i want to try and understand them first so when the time comes i can get stuck in with a full understanding

i am currently bankrupt - this is recorded on the CRF

so i have now got my experian file here (eee and what a mess) so basically this is what it says

1. 14 creditors all showing defaults (all the defaults are dated april 2004) i took my IVA out in april 04 (there are no dafaults after 04)

so does this mean these defaults will drop of in 2 years and will there be any point in writing to them when i am discharged :?:

2. IVA is showing satisfied/completed march 08

i find this odd as the IVA bankrupted me so is this right :?:

3. 2 of the above defaults are showing as satisfied

so this means i wont need to write to these companies :?:

4. there are six accounts with loads of blue circles
these are vodphone, t mobile, co op bank, debenhams store card, creation credit card, something from ge capital bank and citi finance

vodafone, t mobile and the co op bank i can understand as i am using them but what are the others and is this a good thing :?:

i know this is premature of me and i fully understand that i can not do anything now - but like i said i really want to understand them and not have to waste time once discharged having to ask loads of questions :?
Bysurfbabe
LOU78 wrote:i know i have a very long way off yet (7 months infact) till i can attempt to clean my files but i want to try and understand them first so when the time comes i can get stuck in with a full understanding

i am currently bankrupt - this is recorded on the CRF

so i have now got my experian file here (eee and what a mess) so basically this is what it says

1. 14 creditors all showing defaults (all the defaults are dated april 2004) i took my IVA out in april 04 (there are no dafaults after 04)

Well thats a good start

so does this mean these defaults will drop of in 2 years and will there be any point in writing to them when i am discharged :?:

Defaults will drop off after 6 years

2. IVA is showing satisfied/completed march 08

i find this odd as the IVA bankrupted me so is this right :?:

As long as it shoes Saitisfied it should be ok

3. 2 of the above defaults are showing as satisfied

Creditors can mark as settled or partially settled or satisfied

so this means i wont need to write to these companies :?:

Not at the moment the only problem is if any of these debts get sold on then they may make entries you need to monitor your credit file really

4. there are six accounts with loads of blue circles
these are vodphone, t mobile, co op bank, debenhams store card, creation credit card, something from ge capital bank and citi finance

vodafone, t mobile and the co op bank i can understand as i am using them but what are the others and is this a good thing :?:

Sorry not sure there should be a key somewhere on the page explaining what the colours mean ? if you look online that is

i know this is premature of me and i fully understand that i can not do anything now - but like i said i really want to understand them and not have to waste time once discharged having to ask loads of questions :?

Its good to keep an eye on your CRF as it is ever changing
I think ive answered accurately if not im sure someone will come along & correct me

SB
By LOU78
#194562 ta very much yes all seems quite straight forward (i have read tims thingy)

blue circles are creditors reporting good behaviour (well theres about 7 of them so thats something)

righto - will check again upon discharge
Bysurfbabe
#194564 were all of these notified to the OR,or were some things that had a zero bal or were not being used lately ?
Just seems odd they are still showing good behaviour on the account
You may find these ones change & they simply havnt updated yet that your in default by going bankrupt ?

there are six accounts with loads of blue circles
By LOU78
#194570 yes very possibly

vodafone - t mobile and co op bank - are all current and are being used at present (yes i have to contract phones which i know is odd)

the others are saying settled (blue circles saying payments up to date) all settled in either 2002/03

ah well i have bankrupt written all over it so i guess it doesnt really matter at the moment :?

i just wanted to try and understand the layout etc

many thanks for you help SB