Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bysurfbabe
#194359 This may help someone whos thinking of attacking CRF's

I have taken out an Equifax account where I pay a set fee monthly & I get email updates that notify me every time there is a change to my CRF's
Recently I have been notified of credit searches dropping off my file
Of a credit increase on a catalogue (hadnt heard from them direct)
The updating to settled or partial settled on 3 of my bankruptcy credit agreements
My coop account & vodaphone reporting good account behaviour

I m not going to bother doing mine im just enjoying it all changing monthly and just watching it to be honest seems like its mostly doing itself

Not sure how long it takes the OR to realise the funds and pass it to our creditors (we worked out our mortgage got paid in full and our creditors got at least 60% of owed sums)
we were discharged April 2007
But some of the CC companies only just seem to be updating their info to settled.
Is it possible they have only recently been in receipt of reimbursement ?
Bysurfbabe
#194436 Any chance of a reply mods on time frame ?

Not sure how long it takes the OR to realise the funds and pass it to our creditors (we worked out our mortgage got paid in full and our creditors got at least 60% of owed sums)
we were discharged April 2007
But some of the CC companies only just seem to be updating their info to settled.
Is it possible they have only recently been in receipt of reimbursement ?
By TalbotWoods
#194438 Hi 'Miss Understood' :lol:

This is very often down to the Creditors themselves, once the assets are reailised the IS / Trustees normally sends out cheques (or it may even be by BACS now) to the valid creditors within a month or so.

However, because these are long term debt accounts creditors dont alwasy update their records as they should, and then take even longer to update the CRF (that is if they can be bothered)

If fact you may find as time goes on, unless you have forced the creditors to mark the CRF as settled, they may well sell on the defaulted debts, and then you will be chased by the new debt owners!!

Tim
Bysurfbabe
#194444 Hi Tim :D

Deep joy
Hopefully that wont happen as all but one are now satisfied or partially

My creditors seem to be behaving without being told,maybe they heard about my piggie charms :innocent:

Just wondered if it takes days,months,years to pay out
Guess its how longs a piece of string

Thank you kind sir
SB
x