Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Ducky
#193142 Wondering if someone can help me here, my mother will most likely be filing for bankruptcy in the next few months however will this effect my credit file? Im always careful and never missed a late payment and have a few credit cards of my own.

I was financially linked to her a few months ago until I got it removed from equifax but if she goes bankrupt will it still show on my credit file? Since I live at the same address and will most likely be moving when we go bankrupt and lose the home.

Will this therefore show up on my credit file as bankrupt because I live at the same address as her?

Thanks in advance.
By Yogi Bear
Ducky wrote:I was financially linked to her a few months ago until I got it removed from equifax but if she goes bankrupt will it still show on my credit file? Since I live at the same address and will most likely be moving when we go bankrupt and lose the home.

Will this therefore show up on my credit file as bankrupt because I live at the same address as her?

In a word, no. :)

It would only show if you had any financial association in common with her. Since you evidently no longer have, it won't. But if you haven't done already, I'd get hold of your credit files from the other two agencies just to make sure there's no link still showing on either of those.