Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By elliea
#187980 Hi,

I have 3 CCJ's which I am paying monthly and they are fully up to date. I have just checked my credit file and two of them are showing as defaults [8] and are being updated by the creditors monthly but they do not show that I am paying anything. The amounts shown as owing are different by a few pounds so it also looks like there 2 defaults plus 3 CCJ's when there are in fact the 3 defaults are the same as the 3 CCJ's

Is this correct?
When will the defaults and CCJ's come off my credit file, do they have to be settled in full, is it 6 years after default or 6 years after the CCJ? Does their updating make any difference?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Ellie
By Yogi Bear
elliea wrote:When will the defaults and CCJ's come off my credit file, do they have to be settled in full, is it 6 years after default or 6 years after the CCJ? Does their updating make any difference?

The CCJs will be removed automatically six years from the date of the judgements whether paid or not. They're not 'updated' until settled in full, in which case you'll be able to get them marked as 'satisfied'.

The defaults will also be removed six years from the default: but in the meantime although the creditors may update the accounts to show that payments are being received, the adverse data from the defaults and the CCJs will overshadow that in the eyes of a prospective lender.

You can, if you wish, get the agency to add a Notice of Correction to the file to make it clear that the three CCJs refer to the three defaulted accounts and that regular payments are being made to all three.