Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By dancov
#187171 Hi all,

How long does a financial association stay on your credit file for? I am thinking of putting a NoC on my credit files to make clear since BR I have no financial links to my ex-partner.
It doesn't really seem fair that since BR I have no links with her, but my files show that I do!!

Thanks
Daniel
By Yogi Bear
#187172 A financial association stays on your file until you apply to have it removed or "disassociated". That will be when you no longer have any joint accounts in common.
By dancov
#187244 Thanks,

But since BR doesn't that mean I no longer have any accounts in common? Otherwise will I always be associated with this person, until they have paid the account(s)?

Thanks
By Yogi Bear
#187266 The FAQ on the Experian website has this one:
Q: Can I get my former partner's details removed from my report if we share a joint account?
A: Because you have a current financial connection, the details relating to your partner remain on your report until all joint financial commitments have ended. You can, however, add a short explanatory statement to your report (explaining the details or circumstances around the connection). This is called a 'Notice of Correction'.

I don't know, but I would suspect the agencies would resist a request to actually remove your ex-partner's name whilever there were still unsatisfied or partially satisfied joint account entries on your file - even though the debts had been included in your bankruptcy. :( I think you'd have to stick with the Notice of Correction until the account entries disappeared off your file, which should be six years from the date of the defaults.
By dancov
#187340 Thanks Yogi,

As long as I can get rid of my ex from my CRF's when the BR falls off I am happy. I was a little worried it would stay on indefinately.

With a NoC can I have it removed from my CRF whenever I like i.e. I place a NoC on my file now concerning no financial links with my ex and when all joint accounts fall off my file after the 6 year mark, can I then remove the NoC??

Thanks
Daniel
By Yogi Bear
dancov wrote:With a NoC can I have it removed from my CRF whenever I like i.e. I place a NoC on my file now concerning no financial links with my ex and when all joint accounts fall off my file after the 6 year mark, can I then remove the NoC??

That's right, yes. With a NoC, you just get it removed as soon the events to which refers are no longer shown on the file. :)
By dancov
Yogi Bear wrote:
dancov wrote:With a NoC can I have it removed from my CRF whenever I like i.e. I place a NoC on my file now concerning no financial links with my ex and when all joint accounts fall off my file after the 6 year mark, can I then remove the NoC??

That's right, yes. With a NoC, you just get it removed as soon the events to which refers are no longer shown on the file. :)

That's excellent!! I almost see light at the end of the tunnel. It will take me a few years to reach it though!!

Thanks
Daniel