Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bydancov
#187171 Hi all,

How long does a financial association stay on your credit file for? I am thinking of putting a NoC on my credit files to make clear since BR I have no financial links to my ex-partner.
It doesn't really seem fair that since BR I have no links with her, but my files show that I do!!

Thanks
Daniel
ByYogi Bear
#187172 A financial association stays on your file until you apply to have it removed or "disassociated". That will be when you no longer have any joint accounts in common.
Bydancov
#187244 Thanks,

But since BR doesn't that mean I no longer have any accounts in common? Otherwise will I always be associated with this person, until they have paid the account(s)?

Thanks
ByYogi Bear
#187266 The FAQ on the Experian website has this one:
Q: Can I get my former partner's details removed from my report if we share a joint account?
A: Because you have a current financial connection, the details relating to your partner remain on your report until all joint financial commitments have ended. You can, however, add a short explanatory statement to your report (explaining the details or circumstances around the connection). This is called a 'Notice of Correction'.

I don't know, but I would suspect the agencies would resist a request to actually remove your ex-partner's name whilever there were still unsatisfied or partially satisfied joint account entries on your file - even though the debts had been included in your bankruptcy. :( I think you'd have to stick with the Notice of Correction until the account entries disappeared off your file, which should be six years from the date of the defaults.
Bydancov
#187340 Thanks Yogi,

As long as I can get rid of my ex from my CRF's when the BR falls off I am happy. I was a little worried it would stay on indefinately.

With a NoC can I have it removed from my CRF whenever I like i.e. I place a NoC on my file now concerning no financial links with my ex and when all joint accounts fall off my file after the 6 year mark, can I then remove the NoC??

Thanks
Daniel
ByYogi Bear
dancov wrote:With a NoC can I have it removed from my CRF whenever I like i.e. I place a NoC on my file now concerning no financial links with my ex and when all joint accounts fall off my file after the 6 year mark, can I then remove the NoC??

That's right, yes. With a NoC, you just get it removed as soon the events to which refers are no longer shown on the file. :)
Bydancov
Yogi Bear wrote:
dancov wrote:With a NoC can I have it removed from my CRF whenever I like i.e. I place a NoC on my file now concerning no financial links with my ex and when all joint accounts fall off my file after the 6 year mark, can I then remove the NoC??

That's right, yes. With a NoC, you just get it removed as soon the events to which refers are no longer shown on the file. :)

That's excellent!! I almost see light at the end of the tunnel. It will take me a few years to reach it though!!

Thanks
Daniel