Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bygrim12984
#185680 I sent the CRF clearup request letter off to several lenders, one of them being Virgin Media.

The reply I got today is this...

Dear Mr Shaw
Thanks for your letter regarding your financial situation. I've tried contacting you by phone 04/02/2008 but have been unable to speak to you.
I can confirm your current outstanding balance is £389.22. I confirm that we can clear this amount on reciept of your form of recievership. This form lists all the companies you were in debt to and would have been issued when you declared bankruptcy. If we are declared on this form the debt will be cleared. However, should we not be listed you will still be liable for the debt.

It then asks me to send in a copy of the above said form.

Two problems in that:
A) I have no idea what form he's on about
and B) I thought all debts were automatically included in bankruptcy.

Please can someone set the record straight?

Regards,

Grim
ByTalbotWoods
#185697 The are and are playing silly buggers.

I would suggest that you contact them including a copy of your bankruptcy notice ( the one you were given by the court) and inform them that unless they update the record you will be reporting them to the ICO as bankruptcy is a class action (that is all debts are included)!!

They may well ignore you and unless they update you must report them to the ICO, as they are just trying it on!

Tim
Bygrim12984
#185699 Cheers Tim,

Thought as much, but just needed clarification.

I sent them a copy of my bankruptcy order, and a copy of my certificate of discharge (as I have with all the letters I have sent) but they're getting a reply with a copy of their letter and copies of my certificates again.

Cheers

Grim
ByTalbotWoods
#185704 Send it recorded as proof for the ICO!!

Tim