Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By louisa
#184620 Hi,
As a new poster here I would like to say how grateful I am for all the fantastic advice given on this site, which has helped me out a great deal. This site is invaluable, as we all know.

I have a problem in that I've sent out the working letter to 9 creditors to update my CRFs by Recorded Signed For and have electronic proof of delivery except for the one to LloydsTSB at 25 Gresham Street. I have in fact sent this one twice and both times there's been no confirmation of delivery or signature online.

Lloyds were my biggest creditor as I had a bank account, loan and 3 credit cards with them. I've read somewhere that they can be uncooperative about updating CRFs, so need proof of delivery of the letter if I have to contact the ICO. Has anyone else had this problem of delivery to the Gresham Street address?

I've written to the the Post Office about the first letter apparently going missing and got some free stamps as compensation (which was very nice of course) but had no explanation. Now the second letter has no confirmation of delivery online after 2 weeks, I would appreciate advice on what to do next.

Many thanks
By Yogi Bear
louisa wrote:I've written to the the Post Office about the first letter apparently going missing and got some free stamps as compensation (which was very nice of course) but had no explanation. Now the second letter has no confirmation of delivery online after 2 weeks, I would appreciate advice on what to do next.

Unfortunately there's not much else you can do at this stage, apart from taking it up with Royal Mail - as a formal complaint if necessary. That's certainly the correct address for LloydsTSB as listed in the Data Protection Register.
By ted the ferret
#184651 tsb not playing ball with me either,2nd letter gone off today requesting up dating my files,along with one of my own giving them a month to do so or will make a complaint,barclays and rbs also giving grief
By TalbotWoods
#184678 OK you actually have your proof!

The recorded delivery slip would have had the address you sent it to, and the PO stamp on it, thus you can confirm that it was sent, and being recorded the ICO WILL accept this as proof.

here are some companies that receive so much mail that they just bulk sign, and this then never gets assigned to the individual letters.

Do not mess about trying and trying again , you now have two proofs so go to the ICO now, and be damned with Lloyd's TSBs ignorance!

Tim
By louisa
#184772 Thanks Tim, that's good then that the recorded delivery slip is enough for the ICO.

ted, yes it is a pain when they ignore you, but as Tim says, don't bother with them any more - just get straight onto the ICO!