Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By kaz1
#162278 Another quick question if you don't mind. I'm just about to send the usual letter post bankruptcy to all my creditors to clean up my CRF's. Is it best to send this signed for, recorded or registered or one of the many options the PO now offers...I can't remember which one is best?

I want to make sure they can't say, "Oh we have never received any letters from you!"

...Still alternatively I could just call them every hour including early morning, late night and weekends and see how they like the tables being turned!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
By Yogi Bear
kaz1 wrote:Another quick question if you don't mind. I'm just about to send the usual letter post bankruptcy to all my creditors to clean up my CRF's. Is it best to send this signed for, recorded or registered or one of the many options the PO now offers...I can't remember which one is best?

I want to make sure they can't say, "Oh we have never received any letters from you!"

They'll probably say that anyway! :D

You could send it 'Recorded Signed For' - although realistically that just establishes that Royal Mail delivered a letter to the address on the envelope and someone signed for it. Unless you need to produce proof of delivery (eg in Court) then getting a 'Certificate of Posting' from the Post Office, which is free, and acts as a receipt that you sent it, is probably just as effective.
By TalbotWoods
#162322 Yes you MUST send it recorded as if they don't update it is then th required proof that they have received it, which will be needed byt he ICO

Tim