Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By oakserver
#159480 Hi,

Despite all of the credit reference agencies having a GAIN (Gone Way Information Network) section on file, I have never read of anybody having any information registered under this section, with people just having linked addresses.

I have googled this but can find no information from individuals complaining of something listed under the GAIN section. Is this section very rarely used :?:
By Yogi Bear
oakserver wrote:I have googled this but can find no information from individuals complaining of something listed under the GAIN section. Is this section very rarely used :?:

I couldn't find out anything much about it, either, other than that information in that section is only made available to companies who are members of GAIN. I couldn't access a list of members anywhere... so perhaps there aren't any! :lol:

I suspect the real reason is that anyone who absconds without trace tends not to subsequently get hold of his/her credit file for fear of opening up a can of worms, and so therefore doesn't get into position of wanting to complain about what's shown on it.
By TalbotWoods
#159711 GAIN information is only available to members of the GAIN network (which they pay a premium for).

It is NOT available to any other creditor to view, nor are the exact details available to individuals subscribing to their CRF's.

This is because as soon as you apply for your CRF the information is updated and all those organisations who pay for the service are notified of your confirmed address, this effectively removes the entry!!!! (confirmed by the CRA's)

Plus this is one of those where there is a legal exception under the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act and CRAs are permitted to withhold this information from you!! Tis the ONLY exception they have though on making information available to you!! (confirmed by the ICO)

Tim