Information to help you deal with your CRF's

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By dunny
#472377 Hi there,

I am hoping that you can give me some information about my credit file.

I was under an IVA arrangement for a number of years. This completed a while ago and I received a certificate of satisfaction in December 2014. I was hoping that I could now rebuild my credit file but it seems that a company named PCO have decided to register the default NOW, even though the date of the default was 04/10/2009.

Now I have searched around a bit and it seems the have a habit of doing this and are a bit of a pain getting to remove it. What I am hoping is that, as the default date is 04/10/2009 then on 04/10/15, which is 6 years after the default date, this just 'disappears'.

Can you please confirm that this is true and that it will be gone on 04/10/15? Can you also let me know if there is anyway I can remove it?

regards
By JaneClack
#472379 It will automatically disappear 6 years after the date it was registered on your credit file whether it had been paid or not.

Technically it should not have had a default issued after you went into the IVA but it may well be that this was a collector who was not aware at the time that you had entered into an IVA. However, you should have had a letter from them saying they were going to do this. You talk about a default being issued NOW and yet saying it defaulted in 2009. What do you mean? Are you saying the default was not put on your credit file in 2009 but that you stopped paying and they have put it on now in 2015 - I am afraid it is not clear but I have assumed the default on your credit file went on in 2009.

An IVA sits on your credit file for six years from the date it was put on your file so really it is up to you whether you wait the next few months for it to fall off or whether your IVA record has fallen off anyway.
By dunny
#472380 Hi Sarah, and thanks for your prompt reply

The IVA has now gone from my credit file and doesn't show up in the search. This is what I was waiting for so that I can start applying for a mortgage.

My concern was that this company, PCO, seemed to have registered the default literally weeks after I received the certificate of satisfaction. Nearly 5 1/2 years after the original default date. Why would they do this? It really does feel like spite because they didn't receive their money. Maybe they are not allowed to register defaults until the IVA is satisfied or something. My initial alarm was that I might now have to wait ANOTHER 6 years for this, new, default to appear.

However, it does clearly say in the file that the default date was 04/10/1999 so I am hoping what you say is true and that it goes in October.
By dunny
Sarah wrote: You talk about a default being issued NOW and yet saying it defaulted in 2009. What do you mean? Are you saying the default was not put on your credit file in 2009 but that you stopped paying and they have put it on now in 2015 - I am afraid it is not clear but I have assumed the default on your credit file went on in 2009.

My apologies, I realise now I should have been clearer. And apologies for my double-post.....please merge

The PCO things is obviously one of these debts that has been passed from one debt-collector to another. I believe it was originally a mobile phone contract with Vodafone.

On my credit file, which I only started watching last year, this showed up in the TV, phone and internet section but was only showing up as a blue question mark.

As soon as I received the certificate of satisfaction, this turned into a nasty red exclamation mark.

It looks like they have placed a new default, I am just lucky that the date is there. Can they even do things like this? i.e. 'hold on' to a default or even do a re-default?
By JaneClack
#472382 An official default notice can only be placed once on a debt - if one was actually registered in 2009 then it cannot be put on again.

Give Experian a ring and ask why a second default seems to have been placed on a debt when a default was issued on it in 2009.

I am pming you some information that was put together in the past re this.
By Lee_Vodafone
#472415 Hi dunny,

If you still need some help with this, please email me with your details via the Contact us form here: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm. To access the form, you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK