Questions and Info relating to Property Issues inc, Charging Orders and Repossession

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By disneylover43
#200959 Hi,i posted about this once,but thought i would just let you know,that reporting dca to OFT.TS and whoever else may be there to report to makes no difference at all,it seems dca can do and say whatever they like and get their way no matter how they go about it.
Eversheds first refused to accept payment on payplan dmp and then went for a ccj and got it,then they have now got a charging order on our property,we are not going to fight them we see no point,we have no kids at home,and legal advice have said basically they will be granted their wish.

so the only good thing out of this is that the equity gets eaten up by £7000 and if we are forced into BR its likely there will be no equity for the OR to claim so at least that is something and Eversheds say they dont want to force us to sell..
By royston
disneylover43 wrote:Hi,i posted about this once,but thought i would just let you know,that reporting dca to OFT.TS and whoever else may be there to report to makes no difference at all,it seems dca can do and say whatever they like and get their way no matter how they go about it.
Eversheds first refused to accept payment on payplan dmp and then went for a ccj and got it,then they have now got a charging order on our property,we are not going to fight them we see no point,we have no kids at home,and legal advice have said basically they will be granted their wish.

so the only good thing out of this is that the equity gets eaten up by £7000 and if we are forced into BR its likely there will be no equity for the OR to claim so at least that is something and Eversheds say they dont want to force us to sell..

Sorry to hear about this disneylover43. As you say, at least on the positive side the equity is being eaten up in these dodgy times.

I hope that you don't have to go down the BR route as it would be a pity to lose your home altogether.
By disneylover43
royston wrote:
disneylover43 wrote:Hi,i posted about this once,but thought i would just let you know,that reporting dca to OFT.TS and whoever else may be there to report to makes no difference at all,it seems dca can do and say whatever they like and get their way no matter how they go about it.

Sorry to hear about this disneylover43. As you say, at least on the positive side the equity is being eaten up in these dodgy times.

I hope that you don't have to go down the BR route as it would be a pity to lose your home altogether.

Hi
thankyou,We phoned for some advice yesterday and were reassured that we would not be forced to sell our house because of the charging order,we are also going to work even harder to pay all the debt back,if it means cutting back on things even more we will do it.

BR would not do us any favours as it happens and we were advised that we would still pay around £200 per month for 3 years,so its not worth the hassle,its made us even more determined to get out of debt if thats possible lol.

But you know what at least now Eversheds are one less creditor to worry about because they will be satisfied their money is safe,and at the same time we can still pay them monthly through payplan ,hopefully they will still accept the same amount :?