Questions and Info relating to Property Issues inc, Charging Orders and Repossession

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By jim1h
#200828 Hi,

Link Financial obtained a CCJ judgment against us for aprox 7.5k to pay by installments of £233, we are already paying them £52 via a DMP with Payplan. After redetermination we received the following judgment.

It is ordered that

1.Judgment for full amount

2.No enforcement without leave of the court save by way of a charging order provided the defendant pay at the rate of £52 (payplan pro rata payment)

Link financial applied for and just got the charging order even though we have not defaulted on the judgment.

We attended the hearing and read out to the Judge are objections e.g. we have not defaulted on the installments etc. and he ummed and rrrrrrd and said it was a strange one. But still allowed the CO.

I am confused as reading on the HMCOURTS website link posted here and also other peoples posts how has the CO been allowed and can we appeal.

Regards,

Jim
By disneylover43
jim1h wrote:Hi,

Link Financial obtained a CCJ judgment against us for aprox 7.5k to pay by installments of £233, we are already paying them £52 via a DMP with Payplan. After redetermination we received the following judgment.

It is ordered that

1.Judgment for full amount

2.No enforcement without leave of the court save by way of a charging order provided the defendant pay at the rate of £52 (payplan pro rata payment)

Link financial applied for and just got the charging order even though we have not defaulted on the judgment.

We attended the hearing and read out to the Judge are objections e.g. we have not defaulted on the installments etc. and he ummed and rrrrrrd and said it was a strange one. But still allowed the CO.

I am confused as reading on the HMCOURTS website link posted here and also other peoples posts how has the CO been allowed and can we appeal.

Regards,

Jim

Hi we are in a similar situation with eversheds,they got a ccj a few months ago and the court ordered us to pay the full amount which £6000 we phoned payplan and they have put in a redetermination form also ,they said we should hear from the courts soon,but i know that eversheds are after a charging order on our property,they have threatened it right from the start when they took the debt from virgin,

I think if you go on the cccs website it tells you how to appeal a charging order

good luck let us know how you get on please :)