Questions and Info relating to Property Issues inc, Charging Orders and Repossession

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By rantnrave33
#464763 Hi there I recently went to court to fight for possession against GE money and was successful the judge put judgement aside. All parties agreed to a set payment plan. This was in late January 2014 first payment by us to me made this month.

I have received a letter from them today saying they have reviewed my account and have decided to add the fees totaling to £5600 to the remainder of the mortgage giving a monthly increase of around £50 which i have to find extra to the agreed amounts set by the court. Im going to struggle with this extra payment is there anything i can do to have them suspended until current arrears are paid. Please help i feel like im fighting a loosing battle and they are forcing me out one way or another.
By TalbotWoods
#464793 Hi and Welcome

First you need to do is ask them for a complete breakdown of what these additional charges are, how they relate to the mortgage, and why they are now only coming to the surface.

You need to make it very clear that the repayment was set by the court and that only a court can vary them. Remind them that already the courts has set a judgement aside, and as they are now trying to ignore the court agreed plan, that will add more to your defence if they try go back to court.

So first step is to ask them to provide a WRITTEN statement for a complete breakdown of what these additional charges are, how they relate to the mortgage, and why they are now only coming to the surface.

Tim