Share your money saving tips

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Butts
#248303 Had to replace the main light in the living room which blew the other day.

It was 100w "in old money"

Pricing up the equivalent in "new money" Energy Saving Variety -seemed to be about two or three quid each.

Imagine my suprise when walking around Tesco I saw some "Energy Sticks" 10,000 Hour on offer at 10p - YES NOT A MISPRINT TEN PENCE :shock:

These were alongside others that were two or three quid.

I ventured to the self scan till with three - and yes they were only 10p.

They take a bit of time to "warm up" and may not last the 10,000 hours but at 10p who cares :mrgreen:
By TalbotWoods
#248345 Talking of light bulbs

How many women with PMS does it take to change a light bulb?

One. Only ONE!! And do you know WHY it only takes ONE? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb. They don't even know the bulb is BURNED OUT. They would sit in this house in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it OUT. And once they figured it out they wouldn't be able to find the light bulbs despite the fact that they've been in the SAME CUPBOARD for the past SEVENTEEN YEARS. But if they did, by some miracle, actually find the light bulbs, TWO DAYS LATER the chair that they dragged from two rooms over to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE CRUMPLED WRAPPER THE STUPID @*!#$% LIGHT BULBS CAME IN! WHY?! BECAUSE NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!! IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE THAT ARE 12 FEET DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE. THE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS... I'm sorry...what did you ask me?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By Butts
TalbotWoods wrote:Talking of light bulbs

How many women with PMS does it take to change a light bulb?

One. Only ONE!! And do you know WHY it only takes ONE? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb. They don't even know the bulb is BURNED OUT. They would sit in this house in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it OUT. And once they figured it out they wouldn't be able to find the light bulbs despite the fact that they've been in the SAME CUPBOARD for the past SEVENTEEN YEARS. But if they did, by some miracle, actually find the light bulbs, TWO DAYS LATER the chair that they dragged from two rooms over to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE CRUMPLED WRAPPER THE STUPID @*!#$% LIGHT
BULBS CAME IN! WHY?! BECAUSE NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!! IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE THAT ARE 12 FEET DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE. THE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS... I'm sorry...what did you ask me?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Very witty Tim - I hope Sarah doesn't see this post :oops:

ps Did you used to work for Sky Sports :mrgreen:
By Butts
#472466 Indeed 5 years to late I'm afraid, or at least four and a bit.

By the way I have not changed the original one I fitted all those years ago - it is still working :mrgreen: