Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By memoryex2004
#67304 i made my last payment to my td on january 1st this year. I still havent been discharged but i have been informed that the meeting is next week but one creditor still hasnt cashed the cheque. Is there any way now that the creditor can put a spanner in the works and fail the td somehow even though i have complied fully with the ip?

Thanks
By scottishdebtor
#67360 Would not think anyone can change things at this stage, they accepted the terms within the first 5 weeks hence the protected trust deed.
By GR
#67432 I know it's a pain in the butt, however try to chill. You will get your discharge letter soon. The administrator dealing with our file dragged her heels for weeks after the final payment. We made the final payment in Feb and it wasn't til the end of July til we got our discharge letter.
By memoryex2004
#67456 thanks all :-) Telephoned the ip today and was told that all the cheques had been cashed so the meeting is pretty much just a formality. They put in the letter that cashing the cheque was considered a discharge of the debt :lol: