Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By daviebicky
#52902 hello everyone-new here 8) my trust deed was due for protection on friday of last week-i phoned my ip who said there had been no objections that she knew of and the ptd should now go through-why doesnt she definitely know if there were any objections and how long will it be before i know conclusively-thanks in anticipation of ur answers-lol-david
By GR
#52930 There may still be post waiting to be delivered that is dated before the closing date, which means it would hae to be taken into consideration. Or, maybe she couldn't be ***** looking at you file and said what she said as nothing came to mind...
By Anne77
#53101 hello!
I am in the same boat as you davie my trust deed was also so due to become protected last friday and when I phoned to check the IP's assistant couldn't give me a definite answer either. I am now a bit worried that she doesn't want to tell me over the phone that my trust deed has not become protected. I am probably just being paranoid but it is a very tense time and I am anxious for a definite answer.
Hope you get good new about yours!

Anne
By Anne77
#53132 Just had a call from the IP saying that there were no objections and that my TD has become protected....what a relief! :D
I really hope you get the news you are waiting for soon Davie!
Anne.
By kiltedscot
#53154 i had something kinda similar, i had to phone the following week to check, then it has become registered as protected, just a formality.

i always thought the objections to be counted had to be received on the day of the 5th week, not just dated b4.