Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By chrissy
#50973 If at the end of a Protected Trust Deed the Trustees want to sell the house to get the equity would I be right in thinking that it is more difficult for them if the house is providing a home for a 7 year old - school and stuff.
I remember reading somewhere that if they had to apply to a Sheriff he may put a stop to the sale if there were children in the home.......
Anyone any comments or experience of this?

A move can be very disruptive for kids especially if the circumstances are difficult.

Look forward to hearing from you
By JLP
chrissy wrote:If at the end of a Protected Trust Deed the Trustees want to sell the house to get the equity would I be right in thinking that it is more difficult for them if the house is providing a home for a 7 year old - school and stuff.
I remember reading somewhere that if they had to apply to a Sheriff he may put a stop to the sale if there were children in the home.......
Anyone any comments or experience of this?

A move can be very disruptive for kids especially if the circumstances are difficult.

Look forward to hearing from you

Unlikely a Sheriff would block a sale completely or no one would ever be evicted for non payment of Rent or Mortgage.What he probably would do is make provisions that a reasonable amount of time was given to find alternative accommodation.