Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

Bysteven
#36633 I am currently an undischarged bankrupt in Scotland and due to become discharged in May of this year.

I hve had the nationwide flex and coop cashminder accounts since May 2003 and operated both accounts with no problems, my salary is paid into my flex account.

My question is that has any one been in a similar position and been able to have their flex accounts upgraded to one which includes the debit card after discharge.

Thanks.
ByMel_Odious
#36636 Not that I know of. Mind you I'm south of the border. The only promising noises have come from Abbey and NatWest who say they will look again at applicants after they have been discharged for one year.
The thing that you will need to do however is get copies of your Credit Reference Files to make sure there are no defaults registered later than the start of your bankruptcy and that all former debts are marked as settled or satisfied. I can promise you this will not be an easy task. Some of us are still struggling after 9 months to get erroneous data corrected.

Mel