Scottish and English debt laws are different, so if you are a Scottish resident and have questions on debt, then this is the place to post.

Moderators: TalbotWoods, JaneClack

By Benny
#34169 Most debt agencies have lost touch with me.

One number has been calling me 'first credit'... if i decide to seak to them and agree to pay a monthly amount - will they share my address details with other debt agencies, etc?
By JLP
#34448 They could share your info with other agencies- why do you want to deal with one debt and not the rest.All you will do is spend your life in hiding from Debt Agencies (NOT a good idea)

I would suggest you get professional help from

http://www.moneyadvicescotland.co.uk
By TalbotWoods
#34482 They probably would not give your details directly to the other creitors, but they would update your CRF, in which case they would then all know your current address.

Tim
By Benny
JLP wrote:They could share your info with other agencies- why do you want to deal with one debt and not the rest.All you will do is spend your life in hiding from Debt Agencies (NOT a good idea)

I would suggest you get professional help from

http://www.moneyadvicescotland.co.uk

I cant afford to deal with them all at once.
By Mel_Odious
Benny wrote:
I cant afford to deal with them all at once.

Hi Benny,
do as JLP says she is a qualified Debt Adviser in Scotland. The idea is to split what you have for payments on a pro-rata basis. This would mean the ones you owe the most to get the biggest repayment and the rest according to what you owe. If some only get a couple of pounds a month, then it is how it has to be. Nobody can make you pay more than you can afford, including the Courts.

Mel
By Benny
#34523 Ok I see what your are saying.

But I dont want to alter too much the amount I have as a disposable income.

Im a student part time, I work full time so I have fees to pay and stuff.

At pres...

Income = 850/month

Expenditures in month

Rent = 280
Council tax = 72
Uni Fees = 74
internet/Tv License = 25
Food = 100 ish

Reckon I could pay 110 a month maybe outt o debts but I have this fear that because at tims before, I started to pay back some and other i just ran away from, and then i stopped paying all of them. I fear they they will all just come to my door and I dont want my wages to get arrested or something.
By Mel_Odious
#34524 Hang on for JLP Benny cos I'm a Sassenach but £100pm repayments seem fine for a Debt Management Plan spread amongst all your creditors.
Once the plan is set up, it will keep the creditors at bay and they wouldn't be likely to get an arrestment once you are showing that you are paying what you can afford.

Mel